Area :
Bedrooms :
Min Rent :
Max Rent :
Tenant Type :


Reporting Maintenance

To report maintenance please set-up your online account:-

  • Click on the Login tab
  • Go to Would You Like To Create An Account?
  • We will then send you an email with your account password
  • You can then view the jobs already reported and tell us about any other maintenance.

If you are unable to report the maintenance online, you can call us on 02920 253 285 or pop in to Wenlock Lettings, 125 Crwys Road, Cathays, Cardiff. Please do not wait until Friday afternoon to report maintenance problems as its difficult for us to get things repaired on the weekend. 

What is an Emergency?

It is our view that an emergency situation is when the incident is dangerous, life threatening or may result in personal injury or public liability claim or serious deterioration of the property. If you have an emergency situation, i.e, water coming through the ceiling, we will endeavour to help you rnimmediately. 

What maintenance faults am I expected to deal with?

You are expected to carry out minor maintenance issues at the property. To give you a few examples, you are expected to replace light bulbs when they fail and to replace batteries in smoke alarms. If you have a blocked sink/bath/toilet, you would be expected to unblock it. For this type of domestic blockage we suggest you try using an unblocking chemical that can be purchased at most supermarkets. If this is unsuccessful then we will be happy to recommend a good plumber.

What am I expected to do if

misplaced or lost keys

Should you misplace your keys or lock yourself out during office hours, please come and collect a key from our office. If this is not an option or you require keys on a Sunday, please call the office for instructions. Please be aware that all costs relating to this, including the locksmith call out charge, will be your responsibility and you will be expected to pay. This could be up to 140rn if a locksmith has to be called out.

Water Leaking?

Please inform us immediately of any leaks by calling 02920 25 32 85. Below are some things you can do to help the situation.

Leak from a copper water pipe or tap.

Please turn off your water at the stop tap normally found under the kitchen sink/under the stairs. If it is not there, it may be in the cellar or in the ground floor front room. Then turn on the kitchen taps to drain the water from the pipes and the tank. 

Leak from the ceiling from bathroom above

Stop using the bathroom. If you were using the shower or bath recently, then its likely the leak is coming from the drainage pipe, so do not use them again. Do not forget that the water may keep coming through the ceiling for an hour or so after your bath. Do not switch on the ceiling light below the bathroom and try and catch the water in buckets.

Leak from a washing machine

Please switch the machine off. If the leak is coming from the water supply into the appliance then turn the red and blue plastic taps behind to the off position. Mop up the water with newspaper or towels.

Leak from the roof Catch the water in a bucket.

Use newspaper and towels to soak up the water.

Water coming in from the basement

Call Welsh Water on 0800 281 432.

Electricity gone off?

Unplug all electrical appliances and re-set the fuse box. Firstly, check to see if your neighbours have electric. If they have, then go to your fuse-box and re-set any switches, which have tripped to off. If the fuse keeps tripping off then switch off all the fuses and make sure they are pressed all the way down. Then, unplug all electrical appliances in the house especially kettles, irons, hair straighteners and washing machines. You should then be able to re-set the fuse-box. If the fuse box is on, but there is no electric please call Swalec on 0800 0520400 as its possible that the main Swalec fuse has blown.

Smell gas?

I smell gas?  Call Transco on 0800 rn111 999 and switch off the gas at the gas meter. Transco will come to your property and switch off any part of the gas system they think may be causing a problem.

Boiler not firing up?

Check the pressure gauge and pilot light. You are likely to have a combi boiler (instant hot water and heating from same boiler) so please check that the pressure gauge is between 1 and 1.5. If the pressure is below 1 then you need to fill the central heating system with more water to bring up the pressure. Opening the tap or valve on the flexible loop pipe below the boiler usually does this. You will hear the water rushing into the central heating pipe  close the tap after a few seconds and re check the gauge. If your boiler is an older model please check that the pilot light is still lit. If not, follow the instructions on the boiler flap to re start the pilot light  be patient as it takes a few attempts to be successful.